Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU)
- Established : 18 August 1961
- Site & Location: The University campus is situated at the western side of the old Brahmaputra river covering an area of 1200 acre, 3 kilometers away south of Mymensingh town.
- No. of Faculties : 6, No. of Departments : 43
- Faculty of Veterinary Science : Departments - 8
- Faculty of Agriculture : Departments - 16
- Faculty of Animal Husbandry: Departments - 5
- Faculty of Agricultural Economics & Rural Sociology : Departments - 5
- Faculty of Agricultural Engineering & Technology : Departments -5
- Faculty of Fisheries : Departments - 5
- No. of Teachers : 562, No. of Officers: 380
- No. of Halls Residence : 12 (Male-9, Female-3)
- Major Farms : 10
- Central Library- No. of total collections: Books- 1,92,978 volume, (38,633 volume with banded publications), Total Titles 2,123, Current Journals -116, Online Journal : INASP-PERG, AGORA, HINARI OARE, including all journal of BANGLAJOL
- No. of Passed-out Graduates : 42,137, Bachelor's Degree-25,523, M.S.-16,078, Ph.D.- 537
- Current student's enrolment: 6,075
- Affiliated College: Sheikh Fazilatunnesa Mujib Fisheries College, Melandah, Jamalpur.
- Research: 262 on-going Research Projects under Bangladesh Agricultural University Research System (BAURES).
- Extension: There are 40 Associations of Mymensingh sadar with 3 Associations of Trishal and Gouripur upazila where agricultural extension and village development activities are being carried out by the (BAUEC) Besides, Vegetables Cultivation Schemes are going on 10 Primary school, High schools, Madrashas & Orphanages under Mymensingh sadar, Trishal, Gouripur and Phulpur Thanas. 48 ideal houses habe been selected to introduce Farm Management in Agricultural Development. As many as 10,185 farmers have so far attended 36 training programs arranged by BAUEC.
- Training: Graduate Training Institute (GTI) offered pre-service and in-service training courses including international training programs & workshops. A total of 23,855 people were trained including foundation training of University teachers & Officer.
- Extra Curricular Activities:
- Co-Curricular and socio-cultural programs are being conducted at Teacher-Student Centre & Shilpacharya Zainul Abedin Auditorium under the guidance of Students Affairs Division.
- Different games and sports are being conducted by the Department of Physical Education.
- Activities of Central Students' Union (BAUCSU) are taken care of by this division and
- This division also supervises various cocurricular & extra-curricular activities of different Hall Students' Unions, Rover Scouts and BNCC.
- Public Relations & Publications Office: To upholde the image of BAU Provides Media Information in mass communication, journalism, publication and photography.
Mission & Vission:
The missions of Bangladesh Agricultural University have been to develop the art and science of agriculture for the well being of mankind, and to educate agriculturists of high standards of scientific, managerial and professional competence in harmony with the environment, and to share knowledge and skills with world partners.
The working missions of the University are:
- to provide higher learning in all branches of agricultural sciences as a profession-based education;
- to conduct basic and applied research in various aspects of agricultural problems faced by farmers, change-agents and agro-industrialists with a view to recommending possible measures for solving them;
- to organize and supervise extension and related nation-building activities at different levels and in different forms;
- to provide training for personnel of different government and non-government organizations and also for farmers and farm-leaders on various aspects of agriculture and rural development; and
- to provide facilities for bilateral and multilateral cooperation and collaboration with institutes or organizations within and outside Bangladesh.
Preferred Work Types:
Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU)
Bangladesh Agricultural University - Mymensingh-2202, Bangladesh