This role supervises and plans the PSS program and provides technical support to Project Officer (PSS Counselor) also responsible for implementing structured and unstructured psycho-social support activities and training for beneficiary groups
- Offer individual and group-based Psychosocial Support sessions
- Develop an action plan of PSS activities, topics and other types of interventions with the group based on '4 tier PSS intervention
- Support the client to identify short-term and long-term goals as part of a holistic package of PSS care; Ensure that all care plan activities have, timelines, and referrals to support services where necessary
- Refer clients to Psychiatrists where necessary
- Facilitate community-based Psychosocial activities and support groups for clients with more specific needs
- Facilitate training in Psychological First Aid and GBV Guiding Principles
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation to achieve the program's goals of safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance, and expertise in safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment
- Practice, promote, and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, and encourage others to do so
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Psychology/ Social Science from any recognized university
- Age at least 18 years
- Knowledge on counseling, training, coordination, monitoring, report writing, presentation preparation, and safeguarding
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with stakeholders in a sensitive environment
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Have computer skills with all Microsoft Office programs (MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to think technically, prioritize and meet deadlines in a complex and challenging environment; must be culturally sensitive
- Ability to operate in a complex organization, across functions and work on own initiative and collaboratively as part of diverse teams
- People with disability are encouraged to apply
- Mobile bill, Weekly 2 holidays
- Festival Bonus: 2
- Health and Life Insurance
- As per Organization's Policy
Read Before Apply
BRAC believes that everyone we work with including our staff, partners, program participants, and the community has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation. We uphold human dignity and inclusion rights for all, regardless of age, race, religion, gender, disability, ethnic origin, or socio-economic condition. As an equal-opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from women and gender-diverse individuals. We welcome persons with disabilities to apply. We nurture a culture where all individuals have the opportunity to realize their potential. Any personal persuasion will result in the disqualification of candidature.
Join the world's biggest family.
Address: BRAC 75 Mohakhali, Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh
Business : brac is an international development organisation founded in Bangladesh that partners with over 100 million people living with inequality and poverty globally to create sustainable opportunities to realise potential.
Working at brac is not like any other job. It is a platform where you can bring about real change for people who need it the most. We are not just dreaming of a better world, we are building it. Join us to find the way.